PDA

View Full Version : Arctic Fox BBQ grill?

russelln
12-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Has anyone got the Northwood supplied BBQ grill option? Is it a good BBQ or should we pick up something else?

Thanks Russell

RustySocket
12-21-2007, 08:41 PM
I had it included on my new 30U and would do so again. I can't think of the brand right off hand but it is a nice stainless steel grill. It was a drop in the bucket and I felt it would be more trouble to try to come up with something on my own.

Keep in mind that in order to use the gas fitting that is built into the trailer that you need a grill that runs off of a low-pressure supply if you choose to purchase something yourself.

I have had the RVQ brand in the past. This new one is not an RVQ brand but is nicer and better quality imho.

edit:

The seventh post (DLseeAmerica)down in this thread shows thegrill that was included with my trailer.

http://www.afnash.com/forum/view_topic.php?id=5515&forum_id=9

russelln
12-21-2007, 08:53 PM
Thanks Rustysocket,

Thats a good looking BBQ.

Russell

TWO MINIS
12-22-2007, 08:15 AM
RustySocket;

I have the same B-B-Q but have only tried to use it once. I looked at your previous photos and it looks like you mounted it and just plugged it into the fitting provided. Can't I just plug it into the fitting on the side of my 5er? I assumed since it would only provide a very low flame that wasn't very useful when I tried it, that I needed something else. Am I wrong? Do I need another source of propane, different jet or what?

Mike

Kuma
12-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Mike, did the BBQ come as an option WITH the 295E?

TWO MINIS
12-22-2007, 11:33 AM
No, I actually won it inthe drawing summer before last at the Northwood gathering in LaGrand. It's a Celano and I think it was provided by the local Northwood dealer there. Came with a nice cover and looks like the one in the picture that RustySocket provided.

Mike

Kuma
12-22-2007, 11:44 AM
Have you tried it with a 1lbbottle or larger stand alone propane tank? You 'probably' have a High Pressure Regulator/Flow Controller that came with it. That WON'T work with the quick connect because the propane at the quick connect is already low pressure...

See the thread with sort of the same topic a couple down in the Maintenance, etc., section.

I have the same problem with a BBQ I picked up along the way and I'm trying to get it to work with the low LP pressure from the quick connect. Ie-mailed the factory in La Grande and they're sending me the correct male quick connector and I have a local LPG distributor trying to fabricatea flow controller that'll work with my BBQ... It's all in that other thread...

Beedee
12-22-2007, 11:53 AM
I am looking at onw of these to go on my Fox. My buddy that I go sailing with has a small one on his boat, works excelent, and its made for marine, so stainless steel, should last for years on a RV.
His is mounted on the rail of his boat, I think the rail will fall off before the grill does
hopefully this link works!

http://www.dickinsonmarine.com/shop5/categories-barbecues.asp

Brian:cool:

RustySocket
12-22-2007, 02:04 PM
The picture provided was not of my trailer but mine is exactly the same, just a different mounting location on the 30u.

Mine was included in the build of my trailer and works very well. A nice low flame on low and the high setting works very well also. I'm not sure if Celano makes a different version for use on a standalone bottle or not and I have only used mine with the gas line installed on the trailer.

Sorry I can't offer any more help

Scott

TWO MINIS
12-22-2007, 02:22 PM
I wonder if that means you have a different jet or regulator or something than mine has.

Mike

Kuma
12-22-2007, 02:29 PM
The BBQs in the link provided by Beedee all have a "Low pressure gas system BBQ adaptor valve + $22.23" as an option.

That's exactly what I'm looking for, but I can't find one without buying a whole new BBQ... MOST BBQs are HIGH pressure standard, but SOME have anOPTION for low pressure. Problem is,I didn't have a clue about high pressure/low pressure when I purchasedmy BBQ...

TheBBQ sold as an option by Northwoodsmore than likely hasthe optionallow pressure adaptor pre-installed so it can work with the quick connect...

RustySocket
12-22-2007, 10:53 PM
I'm not at home right now so I can't check the specifics. But I did recieve two different hoses to connect the grillwhen I purchased my trailer. I assume they are the same ... just an extra length if I wanted to put the grill on a table instead of using the mount on the side of the trailer but maybe they are different. I will look into it a little more.

I will also get the grill out after we are back in town from the holidays and look specifically at the regulator on it and see if I can get you folks some more information.

Merry christmas.

Scott

RustySocket
12-22-2007, 10:58 PM
Kuma wrote:
The BBQs in the link provided by Beedee all have a "Low pressure gas system BBQ adaptor valve + $22.23" as an option.

That's exactly what I'm looking for, but I can't find one without buying a whole new BBQ... MOST BBQs are HIGH pressure standard, but SOME have anOPTION for low pressure. Problem is,I didn't have a clue about high pressure/low pressure when I purchasedmy BBQ...

TheBBQ sold as an option by Northwoodsmore than likely hasthe optionallow pressure adaptor pre-installed so it can work with the quick connect...

What about this?

http://www.dickinsonmarine.com/shop5/shopdisplayproducts.asp?catalogid=141

Kuma
12-23-2007, 07:46 AM
YES!!!! That's IT!!!! Thanks RustySocket! Thank you very, very much! I just ordered one!

Jeez, how did you find that? I was all over the Dickinson Marine site and NEVER saw it...

Again, thank you and Merry Christmas!

Beedee
12-23-2007, 10:33 AM
Merry Christmas Kuma
I'm glad that the link worked.:)
Brian

FF1063
12-23-2007, 11:43 AM
Kuma wrote:
YES!!!! That's IT!!!! Thanks RustySocket! Thank you very, very much! I just ordered one!

Jeez, how did you find that? I was all over the Dickinson Marine site and NEVER saw it...

Again, thank you and Merry Christmas
Kuma,

Would this just take the place of the thread-onregulator that screws into the burner on those inexpensive BBQs that use the small portable LPG bottles ? If so, what does the fitting look like that accepts the LP LPG line from the camper ?

Kuma
12-23-2007, 12:04 PM
FF1063 wrote:

Would this just take the place of the thread-onregulator that screws into the burner on those inexpensive BBQs that use the small portable LPG bottles?

Without seeing for sure what BBQ you're talking about I can still givea tentative yes! The small portable LPG bottles are HIGH pressure, the LPG at the Quick Connect on the 5er is low pressure.

...what does the fitting look like that accepts the LP LPG line from the camper?

I'm not familiar with AF Truck Campers, but on my 5erthe female endlooks like the picture. I don't have the male quick connect, it's being mailed from La Grande!

http://www.travels-and-tribulations.net/linkpics/QQ-01.jpg

FF1063
12-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Kuma,

Thanks for the pic, & yes, AF TC's have the same LP side quick connection. I would like to figure out a way to hook into the inexpensive BBQ's that sell for <$25. They have the screw in high pressure regulator that accepts the small portable lpg bottles. I get a new grill every two years. I read to many horror stories about these expensive low pressure grills. I'll post a pic soon to show you what I have and perhaps you can tell me if that low pressure adapter will screw directly into the burner on these generic <$25 grills.

Thanks.

Gordon Ford
12-27-2007, 09:21 AM
I modified a marine barbeque to work off the quick connect on the 5er. Works OK but not as hot as before as the gas pressure from the 5er is lower than supplied by the screw on regulator. Need to enlarge the jet. Dickenson (in post above) makes a valve/jet conversion for their marine barbeques.

Housted
12-30-2007, 08:24 AM
I "opened" up the jet on my RVQ and it works much better. Had to also open up the air supply to get the nice blue flame. I can now use it on less than full or if I want to really heat, it has the power.:D:D

Housted

Gordon Ford
12-30-2007, 08:43 AM
Housted, that was probably illegal!!! (But devilishly practical):shock:

Have you checked to see if the "jet police" or the "EPA" are after you???:X

Just think of the "global warming" it will cause.:?

What sized drill did you use??:cool: