Celia's Gourmet Foods Lacey Things

Thread: Nash 23D

Nash 23D

We love the Arctic Fox 25P but our tow vehicle just isn't enough to pull it safely. So, we are looking at purchasing a Nash 23D instead. Does anyone out there have one and what are likes and dislikes? Are there any options we should think about getting? I have learned so much from everyones opinions - thanks!

Welcome to the NROA family. The Nash 23D is a really great floorplan--if we were looking for another trailer I think we would seriously consider it. It is a similar floorplan to our 25R with a really great large dinette. They had one at the rally last year and I spent a lot of time looking it over. Not certain anyone on the forum has this model--but there is at least one new Nash owner here. What is your tow vehicle?
    Linda & Dave (retired US Army) and Magic, the Yellow Lab Duck Dog
    2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i, Les Schwab 105 6-volt batteries, Maxxis Tires
    2003 DODGE 3500 SLT Quad Cab, 4x4, SRW, HO CTD, 3.73, 48RE, Jake Brake, 200K Miles on 8/16/14!

Welcome to the forum as well - I know that there are at least one or two 23D owners here - hopefully they will chime in. Like Linda I am looking at the 23D for my next TT too. Love the dinette and galley arrangement along with the large bathroom and east-west bed. Below is a list of the options taken from the brochure - I have bolded the ones I think are important YMMV.

Exterior marine grade stereo speakers

Stereo/AM/FM/CD with DVD

Heated and enclosed holding tanks

Stabilizer jacks - front and rear

Sit -N- Sleep sofa sleeper

Air conditioner

Range cover

Generator

Cargo rack

Bike rack

LCD TV
    Sly Old Fox
    2005 AF 22H
    2007 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Ext Cab.
    Avatar - camping at Wolf Creek County Park, Wolf Creek OR

Site Supporter
    When we were shopping we walked through one a couple times and I very much liked it. But my wife, however, perceived greater "quality" in the peripherals of the AF. Not so sure there's a lot of difference.
    Mark and Anita
    09 Tundra with engine, exhaust, and tires; 2012 AF 22H and some hitching stuff I paid too much for; old Schwinn bike now gone and new Cannondale Quick in its place, Honda 110 (now licensed, but not running), case of cheap red wine, bag of Cheese Curls, and a hammer or two (one rusty).

Thank you. We have a 2012 F150 Ecoboost. It isn't the towing power that it lacks, but the payload capacity.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dlhmbaker View Post
    Thank you. We have a 2012 F150 Ecoboost. It isn't the towing power that it lacks, but the payload capacity.
    Then you are being wise. Your rig will pull a 23D without problem. We have a half ton also and are pleased we didn't go any larger (heavier).
    Mark and Anita
    09 Tundra with engine, exhaust, and tires; 2012 AF 22H and some hitching stuff I paid too much for; old Schwinn bike now gone and new Cannondale Quick in its place, Honda 110 (now licensed, but not running), case of cheap red wine, bag of Cheese Curls, and a hammer or two (one rusty).

We have a 23D, purchased in August 2012. We are also towing with an F150 Ecoboost with the Max Tow Package. The truck handles the trailer without difficulty, and the power the Ecoboost has is great. Unfortunately with extra power, we all pay more at the pump, but it's still worth it. The worst I've done towing so far is 8.5mpg.

We looked at a 25R and really like it, but we thought it was a bit too large for our needs, as we like to camp in National Forests and Parks. We went for the 23D, as it is basically the same floor plan minus the sofa. We really like the trailer. The slideout gives a lot of additional floor space, and my wife likes the pantry and the ample storage. I have added some LED lights, and will finish the adding the rest this year. We are planning on adding solar panels this spring, a better fan in the bathroom, and I'm going to make a couple of small shelves with a towel rack for above the toilet.

On our first trip out, we had a water leak from the plumbing under the sink, from a loose hose clamp. Whatever trailer you get, make sure you check all the fittings and hose clamps.

We owned another brand for several years, and it's lightweight construction was taking a toll. The Nash is a much more solid unit, and we are hoping this trailer will be the last one we buy. At this point, we are extremely happy with both the truck and trailer. Good luck!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	El Capitan  Meadow 3 small.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	943
    Dave & Sandy
    2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost V6 4WD 3.73 White SnugTop Shell
    Equalizer Brand 1400#
    2013 Nash 23D
    40 Amp AM Solar System
    Trojan T145+