Celia's Gourmet Foods Lacey Things
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The latest from Northwood

Thumbs up The latest from Northwood

Ok its been a while since I have gotten anything from the factory. So here's the latest update from Lance.

We have been busy-busy and I have some great new product info on the website to let you know about. Check out the following new floorplans:
    Arctic Fox 28F
    Snow River 234RBS
    Snow River 288BHS

Also take a look at the newest Quick Tours for the Nash 22H and the Arctic Fox 22G.

Finally, on the Nash page, make sure to check out the new Safari Tuff Rear Rack option - it's pretty cool.

Have a great day,
    Lance
    Adam
    2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
    07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller
    07 AF31W Mod's <----- Click on link, then on left side bar click on "show album" then click on 2007 Arctic Fox 31W and a sub menu will open up.
    :

"So here's the latest update from Lance."

Really, Adam? Some kind of Freudian slip there? LOL
    Last edited by Sailor Dave; 01-14-2014 at 05:44 AM. Reason: correction
    2012 F350 XL Supercab, 6.2L, 4.3 Axle, DRW, 4X4, 13,300 GVWR, Slide-In Camper Certified, Hellwig Bigwig sway bar, Torklift Stable Loads, Torklift tie-downs, Fastguns, custom Reading utility bed. AF 1150, wet bath, solar. Follow along at http://newadventuresofolddave.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Dave View Post
    "So here's the latest update from Lance."

Really, Adam? Some kind of Freudian slip there? LOL
    Never noticed that but yes his name is Lance what a funny coincidence!
    Adam
    2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
    07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller
    07 AF31W Mod's <----- Click on link, then on left side bar click on "show album" then click on 2007 Arctic Fox 31W and a sub menu will open up.
    :

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Check out the following new floorplans:
    Arctic Fox 28F
    As someone who owns... and really likes... the AF 25R, the floor plan of the new 28F looks intriguing.

John L.
    Full-time RV'ing in a 2007 AF 25R w/10k Equal-I-Zer Hitch
    2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Dually Crew Cab LB, Cummins TD Engine, Aisin Tranny, 4.10 Axles
    368 Watts solar, 45A TriStar MPPT controller, 2000W MagnaSine Inverter
    Blog: Home is Where our Wheels Are

I wonder how easy the bathroom is to access while on the road if you don't bump a slide out some?

I noticed last night they have a bunch of issues with the floorplans not showing on their site right now?
    James & Kim
    2012 Ford F250 XLT CC SB 4x4 6.7, G4 Fold-a-Cover
    2013 Arctic Fox 25Y (1250lb tongue weight with mods)
    Blue Ox Sway Pro 1500 w/Reese Titan Weight Dist Shank

Mods 4-6v battery bank and 500w solar

Quote Originally Posted by HEAP64 View Post
    I wonder how easy the bathroom is to access while on the road if you don't bump a slide out some?
    That's a very important question.

I'd need to see what the interior is like... is it completely livable and usable... with both slides in.

John L.
    2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Dually Crew Cab LB, Cummins TD Engine, Aisin Tranny, 4.10 Axles

Usability with the slide "in" is what I call the Twiggy Test.
    Twiggy was a model who some considered emaciated many years ago. (I just did a Google and see that it was the "mid sixties.")
    The Test relates to needing to be as thin as Twiggy to navigate inside the rig with the slide in.
    I am not like Twiggy, this is an important test to me.

If you only use the RV at your destination, then it isn't likely a problem.
    We like to stop and use the bathroom or have lunch where putting out a slide (however slight) may not be good.
    Adrian (and Becky)
    FoxTraveLog:
    2013: 8431 miles, 91 nights, 27 sites
    2014: 1349 miles, 15 nights, 5 sites
    Fox miles 16126

2007.5 Chev 2500HD Dmax LMM/Allison, Crew SB 4x4 3.73 SRW LTZ with high top Leer Shell, LT285/65R18 Nitto TerraGrappler, F-stone air bags/Air Lift controller, 45 gal TransferFlo, AFE intake, MBRP DPF-back, lift and step-stool
    ProPride 1400# WD
    2010 Arctic Fox 30U, LT235/85R16 BFG Commercial T/A Trac, Mor/Ryde SRE4000
    Avatar is site at Rancheria RV Park, Hat Creek, CA

Quote Originally Posted by akjbmw View Post
    We like to stop and use the bathroom or have lunch where putting out a slide (however slight) may not be good.
    Since the underside of our slide doesn't have an airtight seal when opened (just rubber flaps), we sometimes close it during inclement weather such as extreme cold, heavy snow, and dust storms. Beside the lunch/bathroom stops, these are additional reasons why we'll always demand a fully functional RV when the slide(s) closed.

John L.

Quote Originally Posted by akjbmw View Post
    On first inspection the floor plan looked promising to me (forgetting that we just picked up our new SOB a week ago.). It would be even more interesting to us if one can replace the sofa with two recliners. And I imagine this could easily be done,

One of our key requirements for our 25R replacement was access from one end to the other when the slides are not extended. In addition to roadside travel stops, we regularly stay in front of family and friends' homes in town and can't block the road with a slide.

Scaling from the very small floor plan, I'm not sure Twiggy could get past the island on either side. A tour of the built rig would be essential for us before making a final judgement.

Getting happier with the SOB as we find places to put our flotsam and jetsam.

Amigo Bob
    Bob and Nancy
    ======
    Proud former owners of a 2011 Arctic Fox 25R (2010-2013) and an Arctic Fox 22G from (2001-2010)
    ---------
    2010 Dodge 3500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB, Cummins, 4X4, Snugtop, 1,200#/12,000# Equal-i-zer.
    Retired: "Twice the husband, half the money"

Quote Originally Posted by rncordy View Post
    On first inspection the floor plan looked promising to me (forgetting that we just picked up our new SOB a week ago.). It would be even more interesting to us if one can replace the sofa with two recliners. And I imagine this could easily be done,

One of our key requirements for our 25R replacement was access from one end to the other when the slides are not extended. In addition to roadside travel stops, we regularly stay in front of family and friends' homes in town and can't block the road with a slide.

Scaling from the very small floor plan, I'm not sure Twiggy could get past the island on either side. A tour of the built rig would be essential for us before making a final judgement.

Getting happier with the SOB as we find places to put our flotsam and jetsam.

Amigo Bob
    We don't have any issues with our 25r getting around when the slide is in. Can even use the couch. We have eaten lunch on the dinette with it in and could open all the drawers etc. Getting to and into the bath isn't an issue either, but when the slide is out, it is really nice with the extra room.
    Gary & Connie Burchill; Maggie and Michico the traveling Shih Tzu's
    2012 toyota tundra dbl. cab, tow package,5.7 6spd.
    2014 Nash 23D, Honda 200i
    Avatar:Sun set on Loon Lake, Wa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast