Celia's Gourmet Foods Lacey Things

Thread: Oregon Arctic Fox Dealers

Post imported post

I am interested in purchasing an Arctic Fox 5th wheel in Oregon and would appreciate hearing about dealers that have treated their customers fairly in regard to price and service. thanks kp

Post imported post

I have purchased from and had service done at both Guaranty in Junction City and I5 Sales & Service in Sutherlin and would recommend both. The experience at Guaranty seems more variable as they are much larger and who you are dealing with can affect the experience.
    2005 Arctic Fox 27 5L
    Avatar: Deschutes National Forest near Sisters, OR

Post imported post

Once some names are posted, do a dearch to see if you can find more information. We bought at, and would do so again, Thunder RV in La Grande. http://www.thunderrv.com. By the way, welcome to the forum!
    Linda & Dave (retired US Army) and Magic, the Yellow Lab Duck Dog
    2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i, Les Schwab 105 6-volt batteries, Maxxis Tires
    2003 DODGE 3500 SLT Quad Cab, 4x4, SRW, HO CTD, 3.73, 48RE, Jake Brake, 198K Miles and counting....

Post imported post

What she said. Scott was our salesman atThunder, he took great care of us. Another advantage to picking up there is that the factory is only a few miles away, and a factory tour is definetly worth taking. Although if you buy from another dealer you can still drop in and do the tour, and it's free.
    2008 Arctic Fox 25P
    1996 Chevy 2500 Xcab/LB, 5.7 Vortec, 5spd manual
    Blue Ox SwayPro, P3 controller

Post imported post

Crescent City, CA. to La Grande, OR. Just to deal with Scott at Thunder RV and would do it again.
    Turning 50 was the best thing that ever happen. Wife of 30 years told me to get over it. So we bought 3 Kawasaki 750 brute forces and our first Fox that would be the big 38 5u and poor me I had to get a new tow vehicle 2006 King Ranch Tow Boss Dually

Post imported post

Nash5r wrote:
    I have purchased from and had service done at both Guaranty in Junction City and I5 Sales & Service in Sutherlin and would recommend both. The experience at Guaranty seems more variable as they are much larger and who you are dealing with can affect the experience.
    We bought both of our Northwood trailers from Matt at Guaranty and would do so again.

Scott
    Scott
    ORHusky
    2009 36 5V Emerald. AM Solar 450W system, Trav'ler sk-1000, Steady Fast stabilizers, Cummins/Onan 5.5kw
    2012 3500 DRW 4X4 68REF Crew Cab White Laramie, Max Tow 4.10, B & W Companion.

Post imported post

There are two dealers near the PDX area - Valley RV in McMinnville and and Apache on SE 82nd. I dealt with Valley and had no problems with my salesman - he was more into selling cars and did not know that much about RVs - being a seasoned RVer I knew what I was looking at/for so once we found the color we wanted it was getting down to the dealin. Here they were more like a car dealership - leave the wife and I in the room while the salesman went back to the backroom. We finally agreed on a trade-in value that was decent for both of us. I had already Kellyed my old TT and had a good idea on the margin on the Fox. I had to go back once for some repair work (the san t flush did not work from day one and the shower curtin started leaking a bit). They were on time with both the repairs and they even allowed me to drop it off on a Saturday and pick it up the next Monday. I needed to have my RV pad clear to do a hot tub swap during that week. The problems were fixed properly and the rig was as clean as when I gave it to them - no boot marks or anything.

Valley has a large lot an usually has a wide selection. Now Apache is around the RV and auto row in SE Portland - they also have lots in Tacoma and Everett WA only the PDX and Everett stores have AF TTs.

Check them out online:

http://www.apachecamping.com/portland/specials.html

http://www.valleyrv.com/

There are several other members who live in Alaska and have bought their new AF rigs in the lower 48 - the last one I remember goes by the user name of Alaska. I think he bought at Sumner RV in WA. They even hauled it to the boat landing for the trip north. He posted some pics of it here on the forum.

There is little difference between buying a unit in Oregon vs Washington since the only place you will have to pay taxes at is Alaska. I understand that the AK dealers charge quite a bit more for delivery expenses - not sure if they have them driven up or if they barge them up.
    Sly Old Fox
    2005 AF 22H
    2007 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Ext Cab.
    Avatar - camping at Wolf Creek County Park, Wolf Creek OR

Post imported post

I-5 sales in Southerlin is a real class dealer. Northwood products is all they sell. They were a great help to us when we purchased our 27 5L. There warranty and service are excellent.
    Gary & Beverly
    2005 AF 27-5L
    2002 F350 Ford CC 4X4 7.3 PSD
    B&W Hitch,Prodigy,Champion Gen.

Post imported post

I bought mine at Valley RV in McMinnville. Great price and very good attention to detail throughout the purchase/delivery process. Just purchased about 6 weeks ago and have no warranty/service issues so far. I went to their dealership and decided on the rig I wanted and then did all my bargaining via email and they worked with me just fine. I definitely recommend them.
    Dave, Loretta & Stinky (the cat)
    03 Dodge Ram 2500, CTD HO, 4WD, Auto
    07 AF 25P, Equal-i-zer, Prodigy