Celia's Gourmet Foods Lacey Things
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARCTIC FOX 27T

Post imported post

Just hoping to get info on the bathroom I have not been able to find one to look at so we are depending on the brouchures but the bath room looks small. So anyone with any comments or pictures it would be a great help thanks.
    *2009 29-5T, 2006 Dodge SLT 2500 4x4 turbo diesel
    Prodigy,3600lp onan, 16K Reese, BD exhaust brake, transfer flow

Post imported post

We just got our AF 27T and have only taken it out once. The bathroom is adequate but not spacious. My wife used the shower and she felt there was enough room. If you don't get the optional front exterior door there is no way to get into the bathroom with the slide pulled in. Even with the front door it's a tight squeeze into the bathroom with the slide in. Our unit has the bathroom door hinges on the right hand side of the door (towards the rear). That allows the door to be opened from the bedroom side. The floorplan in the brochure shows the bathroom door with the hinge on the other side of the door. If that was the case, you wouldn't be able to get into the bathroom from either direction with the slide in.
    \'08 Arctic Fox 27T (dual entry)
    \'07 Nissan Armada SE 2WD with tow pkg
    Hensley Arrow with 1400# WD bars
    Sens-a-Brake controller

Post imported post

We've had our AF 27T for about 7 months and have put 2500 miles on it. Longest trip was 3 weeks long. Yes the bathroom is small, but it works well for us.Like you, when looking for a new TT we noticed the size of the 27T bathroomwas small, but our toppriorities in a floorplan were a rear lounge and a large slide. That is where we spend the majority of our time. I would gladly post pictures of the bathroom, but the trailer is winterized, ie. batteries pulled and TT covered.Our27T was already on the dealer's lot when we located it and it didn't have the optional front door. LikeFremont CAsaid, you can't get to the bathroom with the slide in. When travelling, aslong as the TT is "reasonably level", we just move the slide out a short distance to allow us access into the bathroom. It hasnever been an issue. The slide is about 42" deep so I don't think moving it outa short distance will harm the slide mechanism. Again, it only affects us while we are on the road anyway.Additional comments on the bathroom: plenty ofstorage space in the medicine cabinet and sink cabinet, adequate counter space, we like the retractable shower door although some AF owners have had problems with them, the shower stall itself is quite large and works well for us, the negatives.....no wall switch for the overhead light or ceiling fan which can be a problem for those vertically challenged and thewater low point drains are very hard to access where they are located.The bathroom layout workswell for us. Good luck on your search.

*2007 Arctic Fox 27T, Drawtite WDH, Reese Dual Cam
    2007 Dodge HD2500, CTD, QC, 4X4

Friends of NROA

Post imported post

Firedawg wrote:
    ...and thewater low point drains are very hard to access where they are located.The bathroom layout workswell for us. Good luck on your search.

Firedawg, Would you please elaborate on your comment about the low point drains being hard to access. Does this have anything to do with the drain being under the slide-out?

Thanks BK37
    * 2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 5.7L V8 4x2 6-speed
    Pulling Arctic Fox 27E

Friends of NROA

Post imported post

Fremont_CA_27T wrote:
    ... If you don't get the optional front exterior door there is no way to get into the bathroom with the slide pulled in. Even with the front door it's a tight squeeze into the bathroom with the slide in. Our unit has the bathroom door hinges on the right hand side of the door (towards the rear). That allows the door to be opened from the bedroom side. The floorplan in the brochure shows the bathroom door with the hinge on the other side of the door. If that was the case, you wouldn't be able to get into the bathroom from either direction with the slide in.
    Hi All, Is this problem with getting into the bathroom or gaining access to the bedroom a problem with the AF 25P as well? The slide/bathroom/bedroom layout looks very much like the 27T.

Thanks, BK37
    Pulling Arctic Fox 27E

Post imported post

The drain under the slide out (near the left rear tire) that exits through the black fabric is the fresh water tank drain. It is a single drain line and has a plug in it that you remove to drain the tank. You'll use that to drain out the tank after sanitizing it, etc.The low point drains I was referring to are the hot and cold water drains used to drain out the water lines that run throughout the inside of the trailer. I used the drains when I winterized the trailer, and before adding the RV antifreeze. The two drain lines (hot/cold)exit below the trailer, on the outside, near the right front tire. There are no plugs in them like the fresh water tank drain. (look up towards the frame rail)

The two low point drain valves are located under the sink cabinet, far right, lower bottom corner, floor level. They are way in the back near the exterior wall and are placed below the floor level. There is a smallsquare cut in the floor so you can reach in to access the two valves.Although the cabinet is open in the front so you can get to the valves, you have to reach around the toilet. It is really awkward to say the least. I actually used a mirror and flashlight tolocate the valves the first time. Once you know the layout you almost have to operate the valves by "feel".
    *2007 Arctic Fox 27T, Drawtite WDH, Reese Dual Cam
    2007 Dodge HD2500, CTD, QC, 4X4

Post imported post

In the 22H the low point drains are under the gally sink next to the water pump and all the winterizing hoses. I found that the easiest way to get at them is to pull the lower drawer out - otherwise it is all by feel.
    Sly Old Fox
    2005 AF 22H
    2007 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Ext Cab.
    Avatar - camping at Wolf Creek County Park, Wolf Creek OR

Post imported post

BK37 wrote:
    Hi All, Is this problem with getting into the bathroom or gaining access to the bedroom a problem with the AF 25P as well? The slide/bathroom/bedroom layout looks very much like the 27T.

Thanks, BK37
    I have a 25P and can not get to the bathroom or bedroom with the slide all the way in. It would only have to slide out 6 - 12 inches to make enough room to get by (depending on a persons size, of coarse).
    Paul and Patti
    2008 Arctic Fox 25P
    1999 Chev 3/4 ton tow package 6.0 Vortec
    Will be wanting bigger truck soon, I know.
    Avatar: our driveway probably as far as we will get if the price of gas doesn\'t go down

God bless our troops

Friends of NROA

Post imported post

Firedawg wrote:
    .... LikeFremont CAsaid, you can't get to the bathroom with the slide in. When travelling, aslong as the TT is "reasonably level", we just move the slide out a short distance to allow us access into the bathroom. It hasnever been an issue. The slide is about 42" deep so I don't think moving it outa short distance will harm the slide mechanism. Again, it only affects us while we are on the road anyway....
    Thanks, thanks, thanks for getting me to think before maybe making a mistake.

We're close to buying a 27T but this issue of space whenthe slide is in is raising some issues for us.Our trips will haveus on the road almost as much as being at a site and the idea of putting the slide out every night willeffect us a lot. With no dealers close to uswe haven't seen a 27T so your help is much appreciated.

One dealer we spoke with (1500 miles away) had two 27T's on the lot - one27T hadthe optional 2nd bedroom door. I asked why two doors,but the question of moving around thetrailer with the slide in was never was fully discussed.

Firedawg's solution of moving the slide out a few inches doesn't sound like a good idea to me - what do you all think? Going for the 2nd bedroom door may help some, butwhenthe slide's fully in is it even possible to get into the kitchen for breakfast?

With one of these deep 42" slides, how level should thetrailerbe for the mechanism to work without problems? If Firedawg's solution is OK then maybe the 27T will work for us but the 27E may be our best route.

One last question about slides for anyone who's been in a AF 26Z-2 - when the slide is in is it possible to get into the bathroom?

Thanks again. Bob K
    Pulling Arctic Fox 27E

Post imported post

With the slide in on the 27T you have full access to the kitchen and fridge. The dining table is fully usable. The sofa is also usable if you don't have one of the swivel chairs resting on it. You'll have no access to anything in the TV cabinet. If you stay in a roadside rest stop, and have to keep the slide in, the optional second door will let you use both the bedroom and bathroom (but the bathroom is a tight squeeze). You will have the inconvenience of having to go outside the trailer to go between the bedroom and the rear of the trailer, but at least you can use both areas. I have the sofabed option and that is not usable for sleeping unless the slide is fully extended. I don't know about the jacknife sofa. We really like the 27T floorplan so we can live with the inconveniences when the slide is in. One last comment is most of the large storage areas in the 27T are at the front of the trailer. I'm going to have my axle weights checked this weekend and I expect I'll find the tongue loading is quite high.
    \'08 Arctic Fox 27T (dual entry)
    \'07 Nissan Armada SE 2WD with tow pkg
    Hensley Arrow with 1400# WD bars
    Sens-a-Brake controller

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast