Celia's Gourmet Foods Lacey Things

Thread: Nash 25P

Post imported post

Any 25P owners out there? I just recently sold my 07 AF990, and am considering a travel trailer for my next rv. I am looking for one comfortable enough for 5, but not huge. The 25P looks like a nice floorplan. Any likes/dislikes?

I've had a 5th wheel, loved it, hated the hitch and rails in my truck bed.

Truck camper, loved it, but kind of tight for 3 kids and two adults.

Travel trailer, loved it, can pull with variety of vehicles and don't have to reconfigure if I get a new truck. Plus I can still use my truck bed, looks like the best option for me.

so...........25P?

Gman

Post imported post

We love our 25P. We moved up from a 20' TT, so the extra space is great. On the plus side for us are: rear kitchen and entry, small slide, bedroom/bathroom suite, 26' length for State and Fed parks, 2 gray tanks. On the minus side: heavy on the hitch due to axle placement, no pantry, no access to bathroom/bedroom with slide retracted, ( get the 2 door option ), fresh water fill on curb side (?). The Wide Body with the deep slide makes for a large living space for 5. We looked at all the floorplans in this length range and prefer the 25P.
    $ .02, keep the change
    Tim & Pearl
    2003 F350 5.4 (off duty work truck)
    2008 Nash 25P

Post imported post

Just for comparison of opinions, we like the 25R much better than the 25P. Just like the idea of more open space and not as many walls. If you need a seperated bedroom than the 25P works better. If you like the feeling of more open space and a larger feel than go with the 25R.
    2006 Chevy HD2500 DuramaxLBZ-Allison ExCab Longbed LT3 4x4
    Line-X, A.R.E. CX Shell, KargoMaster Rack, Prodigy
    2005 Arctic Fox 22H, Yamaha EF3000iSEB
    Celia's Gourmet Foods
    Gourmet Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegars & Balsamic Vinaigrettes

Post imported post

Several friends pull their fifth-wheel with a "Gooseneck" hitch. When they're done camping they unhook, flip the ball, and are ready to use their, now-flat, bed. If I had it to do over, that's the route I would go. Too much invested in my current set up to change horses now.

http://www.gooseneckpopuphitch.com/f...gooseneckhitch

jim
    “Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia.”
    Charles M. Schulz

2003 Arctic Fox 29-5T
    2007 GMC 2500 (Classic) 4X4 D/A Ext Cab
    TrailerSaver Hitch - TruControl Controller
    Avatar: University of Nevada, Reno, logo

Post imported post

We prefer the 25R, but there are only two of us. For sleeping room, the 25P would probably work better--but would be wall to wall beds in the dining/living area. 25R has pantry and more closet space--in fact I don't see a closet in the 25P plans!. If the 26J has a dinette rather than the table and chairs it would be great--more room and not a lot longer. We had the first version of the 26J--no slide. Bathroom is small. Closet is big. With the big slide and wide body it has LOTS of walk around space up front and a private back bedroom. Even if it only comes with the table and chairs I think there would be room for a cot in the front. If it does come with a dinette you loose the pantry--which is needed on this model IMO.
    Linda & Dave (retired US Army) and Magic, the Yellow Lab Duck Dog
    2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i, Les Schwab 105 6-volt batteries, Maxxis Tires
    2003 DODGE 3500 SLT Quad Cab, 4x4, SRW, HO CTD, 3.73, 48RE, Jake Brake, 206K Miles by 1 December 2014

Post imported post

My wife and I bought a new to us 2008 AF 25P. It has the optional outside door to the bedroom. We really like the length and floor plan. We plan to take our first trip to Eastern Utah in it a week from now.I will have some observations about it after our maiden voyage. It will be quite the change for us coming from a truck camper.
    2008 Arctic Fox 25P
    2008 Ford F250 6.4 PSD
    2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400

Post imported post

Just back from a short trip with the 25P. Everything worked great and we figured out how everything worked. We were camping in the boonies so we took our Honda 2000 for power to watch a few movies at night. The one thing that we didn't like is the location of the television in the cabinet. It is hard to see from the sofa. We put the television on the dinette to watch. With the deep slide there is a lot of room between the dinette and the sofa. Overall we are very happy with it. Jim
    2008 Arctic Fox 25P
    2008 Ford F250 6.4 PSD
    2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400

Post imported post

jimscol wrote:
    The one thing that we didn't like is the location of the television in the cabinet. It is hard to see from the sofa. We put the television on the dinette to watch. With the deep slide there is a lot of room between the dinette and the sofa.
    Agree on this.

As long as two of the kids are ok sleeping on the same bed you are OK. As mentioned the wide body gives lots of living room.