Celia's Gourmet Foods Lacey Things

Thread: Oregon State Parks Check-in Time

Site Supporter

Post imported post

We are going to spend the end ofAugust and all of September camping in Oregon. We'll go down the coast , across to Crater Lake, and up 97. We were able to make reservations at many of the OR state parks we wish to visit.

The reservation confirmation slips that I printed out all indicate that check-in time is 4 PM. We much prefer to arrive in early afternoon if possible. Is the 4 PM time enforced? Do you pay a penalty if you occupy a site earlier? Your experience with this issue would be appreciated. Check-out time is 1 PM and this is of no concern to us. We have not camped in Oregon in the past except for a couple of times.

Parks we will visit include: Fort Stevens, Nehalem Bay, Jessie M Honeyman, William M Tugman, Cape Blanco (first come, first served park), Lapine, and Cove Palisades (Crooked River Campground.)

Geo. & Jeanne
    Sunny, wirehair dachshund

07 AF 29-5T
    09 Ford F350 SRW 4x4 LB SC 6.8L V10 4.10

Post imported post

We stayed in several different Oregon State Parks in June and July. We checked in to some as early as 11am. The only problem you might have is if the people haven't pulled out yet. We never did have an issue like that and there was never a penalty for arriving early. I hope this helps.

* Ron & Jeane, 2001 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins, Auto, Dana80, 3.54, Laramie, Slt, 4x4, Equal-i-zer Hitch. 2009 Arctic Fox 29 L, with many modifications.

Post imported post

I've never had a problem checking in early at Oregon State Parks except for one case and IF my memory is correct that was at Cove Palisades -- the reason that they wouldn't let me check in early was that at the park in question they used the 1PM to 4PM window to water the grass at the empty sites. I've been to virtually every other Oregon State Park campground and never ran into that anywhere else.
    2005 Arctic Fox 27 5L
    Avatar: Deschutes National Forest near Sisters, OR

Post imported post

We have camped for years in our parks (OR) and have had an issue only a couple times when the current campers and not yet vacated the site or it had not yet been cleaned. They will let you in with no problems as long as the previous campers have left. I think they just want a little lee way for issues or problems.
    2007 Arctic Fox 325S Fifth Wheel
    2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
    Prodigy P3 Brake Controller

Site Supporter

Post imported post

Thank you for all your comments! I appreciate knowing that we don't need to kill time enroute and we'll just arrive when we arrive.
    Geo. & Jeanne
    Sunny, wirehair dachshund

07 AF 29-5T
    09 Ford F350 SRW 4x4 LB SC 6.8L V10 4.10